By visiting this website, www.deborahcampbellatelier.co.uk, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Deborah Campbell Atelier.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA MAY WE HOLD ON YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.deborahcampbellatelier.co.uk (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem regarding our site. The information you give us may include your name, home address, e-mail address and phone number and possibly your financial and credit card information (if you place an order).
Information we collect about you. With regards to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources.We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- To process and fulfill your order
- To contact you about your order
- To keep you up to date with product offers
- To notify you of new product launches or promotions
If you do not opt in to our marketing emails, we will not send you marketing material and we will destroy your personal information immediately. However, we will still email you details about your purchasing order.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION (COOKIES)
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information that you give to us.We will use this information:
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant marketing to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our GDPR compliant MailChimp secure service and can only be accessed via a secure password which only our small team of staff have access to.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We are likely to use the following cookies:
- First party analytics cookies. Our site host Shopify uses these cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our websites and our merchants’ websites, and to detect the most searched for words in search engines that lead to a webpage. These cookies are not used to target you with online marketing. We use these cookies to learn how our websites and our merchants’ websites are performing and make relevant improvements to improve your browsing experience.
- Third party analytics cookies. We also use Google Analytics to help measure how users interact with our website content. These cookies remember what our users have done on previous pages and how they’ve interacted with the website. For more information on Google Analytics, visit Google’s information page. For instructions on how opt out of Google Analytics, please email us.
- Advertising cookies. These may be used on our website to tailor marketing to you and your interests and provide you with a more personalised service in the future. These cookies remember that you visited our website and we may share this information with third-parties, such as advertisers. Although these cookies can track your device’s visits to our website and other sites, they typically cannot personally identify you. Without these cookies, the advertisements that you see may be less relevant and interesting to you.
- Social and Content. These cookies are placed by many social media plugins (for example the Facebook ’like’ button), and other tools meant to provide or improve the content on a website. These components improve the experience of browsing and interacting with our website. Please note that some of these third-party services place cookies that are also used for things like behavioural advertising, analytics, and/or market research.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
You have the right to ask us to provide you with all the information it stores on you, to access, rectify or delete your personal data, to restrict its use, and to port your data to another organization if applicable. You have the right to request additional information about the handling of your personal data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your data by Deborah Campbell Atelier by emailing us. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
You can read in more detail about your rights by following this link.
We have to share your basic personal information with people who help us to delivery your order.
Deborah Campbell Atelier (we) are only a small company. In order to successfully fulfill their job role, our staff members as well as MailChimp (GDPR compliant) have access to our database, which is located in a secure password protected location.
This is a list of GDPR compliant companies we share your data with for the purposes of processing an order and accounting:
- Shopify - for Order and Payment Processing
- PayPal- For Payment Processing
- Stripe- For Payment Processing
- myHermes – For Shipment of Goods
If you have opted into email marketing, we use MailChimp to store your data and send you marketing emails. MailChimp is GDPR compliant and your data is password protected.
Do not worry, your credit or debit card information is processed by Shopify and is shown to us in a way that we can only see the last 4 digits of the card number. PayPal transactions are handled by Shopify and PayPal, both GDPR compliant companies.
Last updated: 14th August 2018